4/29/14

Moment: Fringe

Emilio Pucci, Kate Moss x Topshop, Rita Ora in Roberto Cavalli, Derek Lam

      If I can be honest, fringe was a bit of a no no for a while in my eyes. Where does my hesitation towards fringe come from? Those bloody Minnetonka boots. I tried to appreciate them when Serena Van der Woodsen wore them, but by the time they graced the feet of every girl in my middle school I'd had enough. So lets call a spade a spade and admit the truth, I have fringe commitment issues. I can't commit to a fringe incorporated outfit for the life of me. Luckily I've found a remedy for my once solution less problem, this Spring and Fall's runway collections. 
     When I saw some of the Spring 2014 collections, I had a fringe epiphany. I had found my appreciation for fringe that I had been searching for since Gossip Girl season one. My favorite way fringe was displayed this spring is what I am referring to as built in fringe.  Instead of a light fringe overlaying the dress, designers like Roberto Cavalli are actually cutting thick fringe right out of the dress. Trés chic.  Not only was fringe present in clothing, but also in accessories. Celine and Valentino had some major fringe bags to offer.  In other fringe news, the very anticipated Kate Moss for Topshop collection, which is being released tomorrow on April 30th, features some great fringe jackets and dresses.
      So I guess fringe is in. I'm not sure how much fringe you will be seeing on me but don't let that stop you! Whether you go Gatsby or the wild west, try your best to venture into fringe territory this season. But please leave those fringe bathing suits at home, I think I'm going to make the call that we're over them.  

Make sure you check out Kate Moss x Topshop tomorrow for some fringe delicacies and so much more: 


  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.